Sunday, December 5, 2010

Capes.


I just had to share this amazing vintage cape creation made by the very clever sewer Molly! I came across her blog when she posted about this cute cape on the vintage blog SewRetro. I absolutely fell in love with it and knew I had to try making my own! The swing style of the cape is such a nice alternative to most jacket patterns I have found. I love the collar and the way the arm holes are sewn into the sides. And I love the choice of colour and buttons Molly has used on hers :-)

It did not take me long to find the vintage pattern for sale on Etsy (how good is Etsy?!) and it is now on its way to me.



As my sister-in-law Ally pointed out to me over our Skype chat last week, it is smart to plan and sew for the coming season, rather than for the one you are currently in - Ally has learnt this recently as she rushes to knit enough warm clothes to dress her family suitably for their very first winter in Germany!

Finally, a big thank you to Molly for allowing me to use her photo and share her beautiful cape on my blog. You can visit her lovely blog Molly's Sewing and Garage Sale Adventures by clicking here.

Psst! I have finished my retro quilt top. Will post photos later this week...

Sam xox

No comments:

Post a Comment