Monday, April 11, 2011

A weekend in the country.


Jamie and I have just returned from a lovely weekend away in the country. As many of you know Jamie is an extremely keen cyclist and has recently committed to compete in all the regional road cycling races this winter.

The first race for the winter finally arrived, and very early Saturday morning we packed up our car and drove out to a country town called Bathurst, some three hours west of Sydney. Jamie spent two days racing. Day 1 was a criterium, a 20 lap race which Jamie came second in. Day 2 brought the 110km (68mile) 'Blayney to Bathurst' road race, which Jamie came 1st in! Yep, my man won his group!



~ That's Jamie at the top of the hill leading the criterium! ~

While Jamie raced on Day 2, I spent the time exploring the local countryside. It was beautiful...



~ Evening ~

~ Morning ~

~ Evening ~

~ Morning ~

~ I came across these pumpkins and couldn't help myself... I bought two! ~

~ I just love mailboxes ~

Going away for a cycling weekend did mean I lost two potential sewing days. But it was worth it!

Sam xox

6 comments:

  1. Stunning photos! I love the country. And congrats to Jamie on his win and second place. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, those pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Jamie! Those photos are amazing. Sometimes a couple of days away from sewing is a good thing. I'm not sewing nearly as much as I used to and when I do sit down my head is clearer and I see things I normally wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kat! It was actually a lot of fun (I sound surprised as it was a weekend away with a bunch of bike riders). Was cool to see Jamie win ;-) Sam xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley I've missed you! You're so right, a few days away from my beloved machine really did make 'the heart grow fonder'. Hope you're well, Sam xox

    ReplyDelete