Saturday, November 6, 2010

Parcels.

I have had fun unwrapping parcels this week!

On Monday Helene from 25reasons contacted me on the blog asking about the Dante fabric I had used to make these shorts a few weeks ago. Dante was made by Liberty of London back in 2006, and it is pretty hard to find these days. Helene has been searching the internet for this fabric in this exact colourway, and asked me if I had any scraps left over that she could have to finish a second matching Dante star for the beautiful Liberty star quilt she is making. Luckily I had the perfect amount left, and we organised a fabric swap.

Look at the Tana Lawn beauties Helene sent to me...


Thank you so much Helene, I was happy to help a fellow quilter out, and over the moon to receive your very generous package! I can't wait to see your progress on the star quilt and what it will look like when it is finished. Thanks again!

* * * * * * *

Monday brought with it cards and parcels, as it was my birthday! I am now officially in my 'late-twenties' and have to admit I am still trying to get used to it. It is all a bit of an anti-climax and has left me asking "what now" but I am happy to wait for the answer.

"For your birthday... I grew you a cat"
- seriously, that's what it said!

Beautiful cards with words inside from beautiful people. I am so lucky.

Amongst the lovely parcels received, this little gem stands out. With its witty advice, it now has pride of place in my sewing room.


I think someone knows me too well. Your a gem Mel! I think this resonates with all crafters, no?

Sam xox

2 comments: