Friday, June 22, 2012

February beret complete.

To match my Lemon Myrtle scarf, I knitted up this beret in the same Rooster Almerino DK yarn. The pattern is called February Beret and can be found at Sock Pixie for free.

The pattern is knitted initially on DPN's, as you need to make an icord. Then a circular needle is used, changing to DPN's when needed.

I would not recommend this pattern for the beginning knitter, as the process of grafting well over 100 stitches onto the icord I found really tricky (this was only my second knitting project). Once the stitches are on and a few rows have been stitched, the whole process becomes much more enjoyable, especially when the beautiful pattern begins to emerge.




And, just to show you what a cozy hat this is to wear in winter, here is a terribly grainy pic from my phone...


Details can be found at my Ravelry account.

Sam xox

No comments:

Post a Comment