Monday, April 2, 2012

Banana bread.


I have made this recipe what feels like a hundred times of late, due to a recent combination of cheap banana prices and numerous afternoon tea dates. I stumbled across this recipe during my university years and it has been in my cooking notebook ever since. It is quick, easy, and turns out beautifully every time...

Ingredients.
4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup butter - room temp!
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
pinch of salt

To Make.
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Use electric mixer to combine butter and bananas in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined (mixture should lighten slightly).
- Sprinkle baking powder and salt onto mixture.
- Sift in flour and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf tin.
- Bake for one hour then cool on wire rack.
* Sometimes I like to add slices of banana along the top of the loaf.




Sam xox

3 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks delicious. I went off baking for a while because food made me want to hurl for the first few weeks of the pregnancy. I baked some savoury muffins on the weekend though and I am so ready to get bake into the baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The slices of banana on the top are a really nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum, might have to give that a go!

    ReplyDelete