Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sewing in 2011 - looking back.

As the year draws to a close, naturally our minds begin to run wild with sewing goals for the year ahead. I know mine is. Thoughts flashing through my head of scalloped edges, Colette patterns, vintage fabrics and lace detail. I must make an effort this week to write it all done (note-to-self, reread Emma's New Years Resolutions post)! I have already read some inspiring 2011 review posts this week by fellow seamstresses Gina and Lauran. I am sure many more will appear in the blogosphere before this week ends.

Here is my sewing recap for the year past...

Skirts and Dresses

Tops



Undergarments


Quilts



Other

Eighteen creations isn't half bad! Considering I went into sewing hibernation for many weeks pre and post house move, and have basically dedicated December to Christmas craft, I am surprised I have sewed this many things.

Highlights for me this year have been:
* Having my Pendrell blouse featured by Tasia on her blog! I was thrilled that the woman who designed the pattern liked my creation!
* Joining a sewing class.
* A new sewing machine and overlocker/serger (Christmas gift).
* Making a number of handmade Christmas gifts this year.
* Learning to machine quilt on my new machine (very basically though).
* Collaborating with Marie, Reana, Kat, Rachel, Jen and Amy on One Pattern - Seven Bloggers.
* Making a cake for my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary - complete with royal icing!
* Teaching Sarah how to sew.
* Adding to my collection of vintage patterns.
* The new addition to our feline family.
* Moving house and building a veggie garden.

My final goal for 2011 is to get my sewing room in order (does anyone else feel like they are constantly battling their sewing room/space? I do, doesn't seem to matter how big or small it is, somehow it never feels like it is in order).

Sam xox

1 comment:

  1. Well done on your year's makes! I've just spent a small fortune in Ikea in an effort to battle my sewing room organisation, fingers crossed it's a system that will last for a while! (System for organising that is, I'm sure the storage will hold together lol)

    ReplyDelete