I made this lemon tart recipe over the Easter weekend when we had my family visit. It is dead simple to make but looks impressive when removed from the tin and served.
- 185g biscuits, processed to fine crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 90g butter, melted
pure icing sugar, to serve
- 3 lemons
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, chopped
1) Lightly grease a 2cm deep, 24cm (case) loose-based round flan pan. Combine biscuit crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter in a bowl. Press into base and sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2) Make lemon curd: Finely grate rind of 1 lemon. Juice all lemons. Whisk eggs and sugar together in heatproof bowl until well combined. Add lemon rind and 2/3 cup lemon juice, whisking constantly until well combined. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bare to touch water). Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 20 to 25 minutes or until thick and custard-like. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
3) Pour lemon curd into chilled tart case. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Dust with icing sugar and serve.