Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crescent skirt pattern ordered.



That's right everyone! Tasia from Sewaholic has released her second pattern, the Crescent Skirt. This is the second original pattern designed by this clever lady, and it looks promising. The skirt pattern features three different views, piping detail, a innovative zipper insertion method, and pockets! I have already pre-ordered my copy of the pattern and I can't wait for it to arrive. Tasia is running a sew-along, beginning April 18, but seeing how quickly I sewed up the Pendrell Blouse, I have a funny feeling I may have this pattern finished before the sew-along begins!


You might think I am a little silly to be buying a skirt pattern as the southern hemisphere moves towards winter, but you see, our winters in Sydney are often warm enough to wear a skirt like this and tights... maybe only one month of the year is too cold for this.

I hope you're all having a fantastic week! We had a very wet weekend which resulted in some flooding a few hours south of Sydney. My poor vegetable garden was pooling with water - I thought my zucchini plants were going to float away. In an effort to cope with the terrible weather and the fact that I was couped up inside all weekend, I spent Sunday sewing a blouse using a Burda Style pattern. I am looking forward to showing you all some photos :-)

Thanks also for your lovely comments about my grandparents golden wedding anniversary. We celebrated the weekend before last with a big party at my Uncle and Aunty's home. 50 years is a very long time to be married - quite a milestone when you read the divorce rates of today. Nan and Pop are a fantastic couple who compliment each other perfectly. I am super lucky to have them as mine, and even more lucky to be able to be there to celebrate such a special milestone with them. Here are a couple of pics...


~ I even got to wear my newly made dress. ~



~ Cutting the cake ~
When Jamie and I became engaged, Nan gave me a cake knife as a gift, a knife that was given to her as a wedding gift. Jamie and I used that knife to cut our wedding cake. Last weekend, Nan and Pop used that knife to cut their cake... 50 years after the knife was given to them. I hope Jamie and I are able to do the same with that knife in 48 years time...



~ And what was inside that masterpiece you ask? Why chocolate and cream of course. ~

Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway to celebrate reaching 100 followers. And following the celebration theme of this post, I have to add that this is my 200th blog post! Woohoo!

Sam xox

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog Sam! I look forward to seeing how you make it out with the Crescent skirt! xo

    ReplyDelete