Friday, September 3, 2010

Finally, vintage patterns.

I have spent months now searching Etsy and eBay, trying to find some vintage patterns that would still be considered fashionable and are in usable condition! I found this quite tricky. Mainly because most of the old patterns listed on these sites are pretty outdated - no I do not want to make power suits, no I do not want to make my own T-shirt with shoulder pads, no I do not want to make a range of random looking hats.

The other challenge was sizing. It seems to be that once upon a time patterns were sold in single sizes, and I found it hard to figure out if patterns I did like would actually fit me, as the sizes and gauge seemed to change depending on the pattern brand.

A few days ago I finally found some hidden gems. They are all the right size, in good condition, and just too cute. They are in the post on their way to me. So excited!

Vintage 1950's Simplicity4293 "Jiffy Dress"
Vintage 1960's Butterick 4814 A-line Dress Pattern.

Vintage Early 1960's Simplicity 5126 Suit, Scarf & Blouse Pattern

Sam xox

5 comments:

  1. Sweet! Might I suggest you check out this blogspot http://www.dressaday.com/2010/08/index.html
    I think you will enjoy it. Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are way too cute! I especially love the first one. Can't wait to see the finished products.
    :)
    Kim
    www.pathtolivingsimply.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice vintage patters--I think I may have made some clothes using that 60's pattern. Knew I should have kept those old dresses! By the time you're done sewing, Sam, you'll have turned into a fashion-ista--or a coutoure designer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I think I wore similar clothing, too! Sigh, nothing makes you feel like you've been around the block a few times until you see your youthful styles reemerging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are great hon! So pumped for craft day xoxo

    ReplyDelete