Monday, July 5, 2010

5 days down. 178 to go.

Almost reaching the first week of my no-clothes project, and I have to say I have had some reactions of surprise and encouragement from friends and family who I have told about my no-clothes project (I think the name is cute, if not a little on the nudist side?).

I have been looking for a good quality sewing tutorial book for a while now, and I think I have found it! After much researching and review reading online, I have decided to purchase "Sew U - the Built by Wendy guide to making your own wardrobe".


Sew U is written by Wendy Mullin - a New York fashion designer and the brains behind the Built by Wendy label, and you can visit the website here.

The book contains three basic Simplicity patterns: pants, button shirt, and skirt. There are also tutorials on how to alter patterns and create your own pieces.

I am super excited and can hardly wait for it to arrive in my mail box!

Psst! I am also very excited and encouraged by all your kind comments! I am looking forward to keeping you up to date on this little project!

Sam xox

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Sam. I love her designs but unfortunately very few of them would suit someone my age. I used to make all my own clothes but then they came out with the serger and I'm way to intimidated to try it. Not to mention I can't afford one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done a lot of garment construction and it is really fun. I hope you have fun with it too and I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I sew some clothing for both myself and my grandchildren. You will love that serger. Keep us posted. Bernie

    ReplyDelete